Scholarships from SHRM National
SHRM Foundation offers many scholarships, all of which can be found here: https://www.shrm.org/about/foundation/scholarships/pages/default.aspx
Attached is a calendar of 2017 SHRM Scholarships. We have highlighted some of the scholarships below: 2017-shrm-foundation-award
Give50 $10,000 Scholarship due April 10:
- Complete online application and upload resume (opens Feb 1)
- Submit a 2-3 minute video of yourself explaining how you have faced a personal or professional road block and have used that experience to propel your career forward
Seminar Scholarships due April 10:
If you want to attend a SHRM seminar (in-person or virtual), but are worried about the cost, this is for you! The scholarship awards $995 for a virtual seminar or $2000 to attend one.
Outside Scholarships for SHRM Members
This is a scholarship that is awarded to one individual annually. It is a $2,000 award plus complimentary registration to the HR Southwest Conference in October. Click on the link above for more information about this scholarship. Deadline for entry is May 15, 2017.
This scholarship is awarded to 4 individuals annually. It is a $1,000 award plus the net proceeds from the Silent Auction at the HR Southwest Conference. Attendance to the HR Southwest Conference is included for each winner of this award. Click on the link above for more information about this scholarship. Deadline for entry is May 15, 2017.
Also attached below is the Student Registration Form for the HR Southwest Conference. This form includes a section where the student can request to have their registration fee covered by a local sponsor. All sponsorship requests and qualification documents must be received by September 1, 2017. hrswc17_student_registration-form
Art Edgarian/Charles Umshield $1,000 Scholarship Award due March 31:
- San Antonio Human Resource Management Association Inc.
- Eligibility: Must be a member of a college/university SHRM chapter or must submit one recommendation from the academic advisor of their college/university SHRM chapter
- Application: 1-2 Page Essay
Scholarships for UTD JSOM Students
JSOM has numerous donors who offer scholarships to business students based on need or merit. None of the scholarships offered are specific to human resources, but I highly recommend looking through to see which you might be eligible for.